This is why Ataason Gold is committed to minimizing and mitigating our impacts on the environment in the first place, and where they do occur, to put in place appropriate reclamation and remediation measures.
- Integrate environmental management into all facets of our business
- Inform and consult with the community about Ataason’s activities and projects
- Manage environmental risks on a site-specific basis to achieve planned environmental outcomes
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations as a minimum standard
- Continually strive to improve overall environmental performance
- Identify opportunities for the efficient use of energy and water, minimise waste and reduce the Company’s environmental footprint
- Contribute to conservation of biodiversity and integrated approaches to land use planning
- Rehabilitate sites or areas disturbed by company activities to comply with the applicable Environmental Management Plan
- Report annually to shareholders and the community on Ataason’s environmental performance.
Environmental matters are considered during all stages of our activities. Environmental and social impact assessments are undertaken as part of the feasibility process for new projects and are used as the basis for planning should the project develop into an operation. In addition, environmental due diligence is conducted as part of our mergers and acquisition process.